Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

getting enough...water?

Today I'd like to talk water strategies. It's so hard to get all the water that I require on a daily basis. Today, I'll share some strategies that I thought might help others too.

Probably the best advice that I read for optimum efficiency is to drink at least half your weight in ounces. So for me, er...um...ahem...98 ozs. That's a very full iced tea pitcher.

One of the easiest ways to do this is measure out your water at the beginning of the day, place it in the fridge, and drink it until it's gone. Sometimes chugging it at the end of the day. This works well for me because I work at home. Others might pre-measure and bring it to the office.

NOTE: I try to get all my water in before 4:00p, definitely no later than 6p, so I'm not up all night peeing. So, if I do have to chug it at the end of the day, I check the pitcher no later than 6p. 


My 2nd recommendation, is what I've been doing lately. I've been so tired in the mornings, suffering from sleep inertia (lol) so I haven't been thinking very clearly for measuring and pouring. As taxing as it is. SO... Every time I go to fill my glass, I chug a glass, refill it, and return to my desk. I then make 2 tic marks on my computer's sticky note (along with other reminders for the week), repeat by chugging, refilling, and ticking. Two at a time...I'm done with my water intake in no time. It also reminds me to step away from work to stretch and move my body.


Lastly I'd like to share one of my favorite pins about flavored water. My favorites include: lemon, lime, lemon & lime, cucumber, mint, and cucumber & mint. The lemon and lime are self explanatory/easy enough. The cucumber and mint or both require a little prep. Slice a cucumber, let it sit overnight, drink the next day (Bonus: you have your pitcher ready to go). Do the same thing with the mint or both together. Be sure to remove the cucumbers and/or mint the very next morning so they don't rot and get super icky.

Want more variety? Check out my pin for water water everywhere. Oh my yum!


Bon App├ętit !




from Green Healthy & Fit (on FB)


Tomorrow, trail workouts....

I did it:
Walked: 10 minutes
Water: 9+
Eating: Poorly Well Great (even though we went to Chow King, made good choices)

No comments:

Post a Comment