Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

healthy skin and exercise

As I mentioned previously about the boy's and my trip to Atlanta, we had to see the doctor. The dermatologist to be exact. I have a family history of bad moles and have to have mine checked yearly. I tend to get a bad one every 3 - 4 years and I was due. I've had 2 pre-cancer caught and 1 more questionable one removed that turned out to be ok. Friday, I had 2 more removed. Waiting on results. I'm sure all will be fine. Like most medical issues, if caught early, these things are easy to remove and heal. I'm on top of it. So is my doctor. She's great.


So today I would like to talk about things that derail healthy living...at least for me. Vacations, night out with friends, sneaking just this one over & over, food triggers, well-meaning comments, etc.  Today I would like to talk about specifically things that stop me from exercising."Things" can easily be excuses but still obstacles nonetheless. I don't belong to a gym and have no desire to... so sometimes weather is an excuse. This weekend is definitely the case. With highs in the 100s this weekend, walking and hiking is not desirable (my favorite activities along w/Yoga). I'm only left with Yoga, pushups, and crunches. I really like Yoga and try to do it several times a week. Really, daily would be more ideal but that's where I'm at right now. 


So, Yoga, I have had to modify too...with 2 holes in my torso that haven't healed from Friday's removal. Caturaṅga Daṇḍāsana (Chaturanga Dandasana) can prove daunting because the next move is up dog which stretches the torso (oh so good, but ouch right now). A torso with holes in it that shouldn't be reopened. I'm being careful. I will not be derailed. I am not defeated. I will modify. Persevere. Move forward. It may not be as intense that I like, but it's good. It's all good. Always. Always all good.


Keeping healthy by exercising, keeping doctor's appointments, and following-through. Perserverence is the name of the game.


Up next... Inspiration is all around.
The tattoo to celebrate my 40th birthday AND it covers up my first pre-cancer scar. Cheaper than plastic surgery! ;-)
I did it:
Eating: Poor Well Best
3 mile hike on Never Land trail in less than an hour
44 walking lunges
36 ball pushups (thighs on ball)
36 ball crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment