Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

inspiration is all around

let your practice be a celebration of life ~Seido lee deBarros
and may I add...let life be a celebration of life rehearsed in you practice.


Like yesterday's post, I would like to bring more awareness to "things" that de-rail me from exercise or healthy eating. Whether it's a vacation, emotions run array, stress, weather, etc... it's very disconcernting how easy it is to fall back into old habits. But instead of focusing on what keeps me away from healthy living, I would like to list several inspirations that can keep me on track. Reminders as it were. Books I have, websites I read, Facebook pages with inspiring reminders, etc. It takes practice. Everything in life takes practice. Even if we start at square 1. Again.


Books
  • enLIGHTened ~Jessica Berger Gross. Loses weight discovering Yoga
  • 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food ~Susan Albers
  • Peaceful Weight Loss through Yoga ~Brandt Passalacqua (kindle version free for prime)
  • The Spark ~Chris Downie (kindle version free to borrow for prime. Note: Just started reading this. Great companion to website. www.sparkpeople.com)
  • Women, Food and God ~Geneen Roth (I did the audio version). Redefining our relationship with food. 
  • A Walk in the Woods ~Bill Bryson. Hiking is akin to heaven on Earth for me.
  • Walking ~ Henry David Thoreau (free out of copyright) Articulating the art or walking.
  • The 17 Day Diet ~Dr Mike Moreno (never followed it exactly. Use it as inspiration to eat the way my doctor recommends. Probably wouldn't hurt to follow it. For 17 days. Heh.)
  • 40 Days to Personal Revolution ~Baron Baptiste (participated in a lead program last year at North Shore Yoga. Awesome.)
Websites
  • smaller sarah (mentioned previously. She set on a journey in June 2011 to lose 75 pounds in a year. She did it. She continues forward).
  • Daily Cup of Yoga The latest in Yoga
  • Measure Free Hippie Cook (great for fresh, seasonal eating)
  • SparkPeople (a beaucoup of information. I haven't even scratched the surface. Challenges, recipes, all kinds of trackers, community, rewards with "trophies" and points, videos and more. FREE.)
Facebook
Most importantly, look among friends that promote higher living. Spend more time with them.

Coming soon... Wednesday morning trail workouts.

The past has no power over the present moment.  ~Eckhart Tolle

I did it:
3.6 mile walk
20 mins Morning Yoga
Eating: Poorly Well Best
Water: 8+


No comments:

Post a Comment