Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

non-scale victory


I think I've made it a New Year's resolution every year since my 20s, to be able to do 1 FULL, strong PLANK pushup in perfect form (I dare not call it a boy pushup because quite frankly, that offends me. But you get the gist.)

Today, my personal trainer told me to try one. Just one. "You can do it, you've been working hard," she said. I said, "Oh no, that's not possible. Er, okay, I'll try."

Well, today, I DID IT!!!!! And then I thought, well heck, that wasn't so bad so I DID 23 MORE!!!!

Couldn't do it as a kid. Couldn't to it in my 20s or 30s. And here I'm broaching 41 and did it. And I'm going to keep doing it.

I can't lift my water off my desk anymore but I DID IT. YeeHaw!

Blessed by:
~Warm sunny days.
~Fun workouts with good friends
~A body that is functioning, working hard, and most importantly forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment