Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ooopsies

Don't you love functional fitness? My favorite is squats. Nothing has been more useful this summer. For as much time as I spend on the trails and as much water as I drink, squats come in very handy for handling my business...in the woods. ahem.

The Walrus volunteered to drive carpool today so he dropped the doggies and me off at the trailhead. We hiked about 1.5 miles on the trails and then I walked the rest of the way home. All in all about 4.1 miles. Great day for a hike, although I can't think of a time when it isn't.

I did manage to drop the F* bomb on the trail today. Not very Zen-like of me but I was able to drop it, feel better, and leave it behind me so I guess that was pretty Zen-like. Heheh. The young pup, Shine, and the old lady doggie, Maggie were walking along but Shine was busting at the seams. She couldn't go fast enough. So, I let her off her leash to bolt. And bolt she did. That pup is fast. She doesn't usually circle behind me but this time she did for her flyby. I panicked and jumped off the trail and stood my ground. All 48 lbs of her muscle hit my calves from behind without slowing down. Oyf. At least she didn't hit Maggie.

the accused
The Walrus and the boy stopped on the way home to pick up the doggies so I could have a few miles to myself. I told myself I can run from this driveway to the dirt road. The dirt road is that last dark shadow at the very, very end of the photo. I did it. I also did one other mini-goal by jogging on the other side of the dirt road to the next driveway. Worked out rather well. My fitbit said I averaged a 16 minute mile. After the doggie shenanigans, I'll take that as a win.

rum from here to the end. Run Pam run.

My fitbit also said that I climbed the equivalent height of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Booyah.

Grateful for:
~Warm sunny days. The sun is such a powerful life force. For one, it gives us lots of Vitamin D. It just takes 10 minutes a day of unprotected exposure to the sun. Secondly (but surely not lastly because I could go on and on), the sun converts to Adenosine Triphosphate. Why is that important? ATP transports energy to the cells and directly 
affects metabolism. Thank you to the sun and my body for being so efficient.
~Supportive family who gives me the time to be healthy and they cook me delicious, nutritious foods.
~Sheila's trail workout tomorrow. I'm going to rock it.
~ I just learned they've been doing tai-chi on the brow on Fridays. Can't wait to give this a try. I've only done it once before but would like to learn it well.
~Thank You God for creating a vast forgiving universe that runs so precisely.

Peace, love, & light ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment