Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

he flew


I think he flew
before he hit the ground

No one was there
and there wasn't a sound

If there's a Heaven,
then I don't believe in Hell

I think he flew
before he fell

I think he flew...

I think that he
spread his arms open wide

And for a moment
he started to fly

If there's a Heaven,
then I don't believe in Hell

I think he flew
before he fell

I think he flew...

If there's a Heaven,
then I don't believe in Hell

I think he flew
before he fell

I think he flew...

I think he flew...

(Lyrics by Zeke Schein, performed by Wendy Wills [my cousin-in-law])

This is one of my favorite songs. Although my husband says that can't be because you can only really have ONE favorite. That's what favorite means after all. But I digress. It's still a favorite. So there. This song makes me incredibly sad and joyful at the same time. It makes me think of making the most of your life no matter the consequences and truly how beautiful life really is. It is.

Today was another fun day. The Walrus and I got up early, dropped the kid off at school and headed to Chattanooga for some intense hot yoga....Me not him. He walked around and did some grocery shopping. Meanwhile, I was in 75 minutes of hot, hot bliss. My only disappointment was not being able to work on my crow. I got props and everything to help me but I forgot to wear pants today. I did wear shorts though, don't worry. But this class was about 115 degrees F which means you sweat from EVERY pore of your body. I was way too slippery to even try even with all the towels I brought.

Afterwards, I felt very invigorated. We came back to town and had frozen yogurt for lunch. It was delightful. It was budgeted into my calorie intake, so no worries.

Not sure how to count calories burned for 75 minutes of hot power yoga though. SP says 343, FitBit says 469, and a calorie burning website said 723. I went with the 469 even though for as much as I sweated, it felt like 2000. Ha!

Can't wait to return for more on Sunday... trying to use the rest of my Groupon deal before it expires next week. I really need to schedule this at least 2 times a month though. I feel better after then I do after a massage. And it's a lot cheaper. Come to think of it, I could use a monthly massage too. Ahhhhh. I can daydream.

Excited for:
~a visit to my dad
~planning a fabulous trip with lots of details to come. There will be plenty of challenging activities to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment