Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

not feeling it

I'm not so sure about any scale victories this week. I'm just not feeling it. Last week, this time, I felt different (& I lost 4 lbs). This week I don't feel it but the numbers are there. I keep looking at my food log to see if I'm missing anything. On Tuesday, I had a 1044 calorie deficit which makes no sense. I had an avocado along with high calorie gluten free bread for lunch and jerk chicken fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. I did watch my portions but 1044?? Deficit. With avocado and fettuccine alfredo. Weird.

For my week so far, I have a total deficit of 3875 not including today. So I should see at least a pound, yeah? We shall see. Tomorrow, the scale and I have a meeting. So yes, we shall see.

It's been a good week. I really don't like focusing on those numbers but I catch myself letting them drive me a little batty from time to time.

This morning was a great hike. 85 minutes for 4.59 miles a little slow but no matter, it felt good. Shine (doggie #3) & I parked at the Desoto State Park country store and hiked by the quarry and through the primitive campgrounds for about 2.8 miles. After planting my face in one too many spider webs this morning, we got off the trail after 2.8 and took the road back to the car. I'm so looking forward to the cooler weather. Not so much for the temperature but for less bugs, webs, and snakes. I love fall and winter hiking.

Morning light on the trails.
Finding joy in my day and looking forward to the weekend. Should be a good mix of family time and me time (and work time unfortunately).

No comments:

Post a Comment