Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

salad, etc.

Another recycled blogged recipe from 2006...This one's pretty easy and not very labor intensive. If I remember correctly, I ate something like this at Longhorn Steakhouse and tried to recreate it the next day. I liked mine better. Heheh.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

1/2 pint of strawberries- washed, sliced lengthwise
1/8 cup of strawberry balsamic vinegar
shredded asiago cheese to taste
toasted slivered almonds

Toss and enjoy.

Also, easy to adapt and customize to your current needs. Add protein, bell pepper, or anything else that tickles your fancy.

Of course, I'm a little out of season with this post but dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or dried cherries would make a yummy substitution for the fresh strawberries.

...end recycled...begin new meanderings:

In a little bit of retail fun, the Walrus gifted me with a gift card to Amazon. How sweet is he? It was very fun to go "shopping." I'm not big on retail therapy. I just don't like the act of shopping. The schlepping part is particularly annoying. The finding, the trying, the deciding. That's why I like Amazon. When I want something, I usually know what I want and get in/get out. This time I focused on my practice at home and my walking/running routine (or lack thereof). I wanted a simple digital watch to improve my running endurance as well as my strength endurance by holding planks, tree planks, side planks, etc. I also wanted to incorporate some more props in my home practice to help with yin yoga (holding certain poses for 3-5 minutes). So today, I should be receiving these:

simple timex digital watch, yoga strap, yoga blocks, and a wooly woven prop blanket.


Finding joy in beautiful warm days and cool nights. Finding relief from my allergies for the moment. Finding peace in my heart from calmness in my mind and forgiveness in my 
soul. Finding love in everything I see, hear, and contemplate on.

Acknowledging the peace, light, and love I see in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment