Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

bejeebers

The latest? I've agreed to do something that scares the bejeebers out of me. One World Adventure Co is a fabulous organization that teaches our youth about the great outdoors. They invite school-aged children up to 17 years old attend summer camp on a sliding scale or sometimes free. The kids get to swim, kayak, rappel, do crafts, hike, and so much more.

The biggest fundraiser of the year is in December and I was invited to be a table captain for the Reach New Heights Charity Dinner & Silent Auction... which means I sell the plates at my table at $50 a pop. Not a bad price for an elegant winter evening with dinner, silent auction, dancing, and entertainment. It's just so nerve-wracking for me to ask businesses and people for donations. And I have to do just that every year for our small community school. But after I was invited, I saw this picture on facebook and it gave me butterflies in my tummy. That's when I knew I had to do it. I can do it. I will  do it. And I will do it well. I will rise to the challenge.


I've been doing a lot of things that scare me this year so this will be a good way to round it off.

What things have you done lately that scare you? Did you rise to the challenge?

In fitness and nutrition, today was a stellar day (and even topped off with Stellar Organics red wine-- divine). I reached 8.7 miles total, 3 of which I ran in preparation for an upcoming 5K. I think I'm progressing well. Time will tell. I also enjoyed baked chicken, roasted asparagus & garlic, and brown rice. And that was just my fabulous dinner the husband made for us.

Finding joy in all of my days. Today was especially joyous.

No comments:

Post a Comment