Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

feeling crappy so making crepeys

Found this little gem in an old blog of mine and thought I would re-share. Mmmmm that looks really good.

I'm fortunate enough to have a husband who cooks for me. a. lot. I also have a husband who travels. a. lot. When left to our own devices, the boy and I have fun with dinner (or go out when it's during the week and I'm uninspired). Today, however, I was feeling inspired. We made a crepe buffet starring: roasted butternut squash, roasted potatoes, roasted yellow peppers, warm apples and bananas, and poached eggs. It was a big hit with Westley too. Next I have a date with him, cozied up in bed to watch The Great Muppet Caper. It's been a good weekend.



Crepes are super easy to make. It may take 1 or two pours to get it right, just like the first pancake. Crepes have about as many calories as a tortilla (about 110) so budget it and ENJOY. 

Poached eggs are a great way to enjoy a great nutritious serving of protein without any added fat. Just fill a saute pan with about 2" of water and bring it to a simmer. Gently pour in egg (or crack it in a 1/4C measuring cup and gently transfer)  to the water and simmer for desired wellness. I tend to go more toward 10 minutes because I like my yolk cooked. I think most poaching directions say 3-5 minutes.

I may have to recreate this this week including digging up the movie. Or maybe just The Muppet Movie original. I know it's a busy week for us but I think taking an evening to do this would be just what we need.

Keeping calm in a jam-packed month of activities, breathing deeply, and trying to take one day at a time. Jam-packed schedules (and crowds) are SO not my style. They make me anxious and tense. So a gentle reminder for myself to breathe through this month and to live in the moment without anticipation. October is always a schedule buster for us since it's a big month for our tiny community school's fundraisers in a state where state funds aren't prioritized around education.





No comments:

Post a Comment