Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

grueling

Today's workout was grueling. That's a good adjective for Halloween, yes? I was the only one that came so I got a personal training session. Wow. I didn't think I would make it through the whole thing. We hiked 3.5 miles, did a thousand and 1 stepups, umpteen walking lunges, pushups until the cows came home, and calf raises. That's it, calf raises with no hyperbole because I could do those until the cows came home. It's the one part of my body that's freakishly strong. And big. Big and strong. Now where's that sarcasm font? Back to the workout... we finished with planks, side planks, and crunches.

All is well.

Now.

Oy.

Let me take a moment to breathe. Writing that brought back some grueling, breathtaking memories. You know, from this morning. Ahhhhhhh, exhale.

It's so beautiful and crisp outside. Had to stop my weary self to take it in every once in awhile. I'm afraid the Fall color is just about complete. Let's take a moment to look at my favorite tree. I wait for this one to turn every year. It just glows. Sorry for the crappy photo. I was driving.


In crafty news, I'm craving another swap. I found some old pictures from the last dishcloth swap I participated in and want to do another. I hope to find a few moments on Ravelry today or tomorrow to find a good swap. I'm hoping for another dishcloth one but we shall see. A hodgepodge scarf would be fun too but it's a little late in the season for that. Here's some samples of ones in the past:

The hodgepodge scarf that I ended up with. This scarf traveled all over the US and was knitted by 10 different wonderful ladies. I think this was 2 Halloweens ago, maybe 3.
This is one I helped knit. We knitted a section and sent it to the next person to knit their portion. This person wanted a Forest themed scarf. Loved that one!

A beautiful orange dishcloth from Connecticut. Love it!

This lady tried to do a tie-dye look for me. So fab! The scrub scrunchie was a bonus.

This one has been used a lot. So functional, so beautiful. Yummy tea consumed long ago.

Hope your Halloween is gruelingly fabulous and you find your creative self in one way or another. Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment