Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

too fun & time to save

My mind is all over the place today so I will do my best to make a post that makes sense. Ha!

BLOG
So, this morning I found out that my post, "5k my way (on SparkPeople's website)," got voted most popular yesterday. How fun is that? It's like reliving placing in my first 5k all over again. I'm so grateful for such a supportive group on SparkPeople.

WORKING OUT
I'm trying to figure out how to get my 5k training in this week. I'm on week 4 of my training and did 1 day (straight jog for 35 mins) so far this week. Today, I did my weekly group personal training and tomorrow I'm hiking with friends. They're not workout friends, so it will be more of a socializing/sightseeing type hike. I'm thinking of making tomorrow a big hiking and running day so I can do my 3rd day of running on Saturday. Oh yeah, and still get all my work in.

NEXT RACE
I've scheduled my next 5k for Thanksgiving. A local high school is holding a Turkey Trot for their science department. Their agricultural studies department just accepted a $12,500 grant from Monsanto. Monsanto!! I don't even know where to start my rant on Monsanto without sounding like a babbling, ranting weirdo. So I won't. I'll just write my letters to the editor at the local newspaper and get on with my life. Nevertheless, the school needs all the support they can get. All our schools do.

REWARDS
With my focus on overall wellness in nutrition and exercise, I haven't had much time to think about personal rewards. I'm trying my best to be financially diligent so I vowed never to buy anything personal again without saving for it first. Novel idea, right? I've been saying this for awhile but have done nothing to save... I've just gone without. Today that changes.


I stuck $5 in a jar. It's a start. I really want to go to one of those running stores and get fitted properly for running shoes. The closest one is Fleet Feet. So, if I'm a good girl with my overall wellness and save the money, I will get myself a brand new pair of fitted shoes. My feet have been aching for them. I may have to buy a cheaper pair in the meantime but these are coming- for sure! I also want a massage. So there. This week I did splurge a little. I bought new socks and a back scrubber. I know, right? That's a splurge? Yes. Yes it is. The new socks feel so good and with all the working out, the back scrubber is just what the doctor ordered.

GRATEFUL FOR
~loving, supportive family
~loving doggies
~a good group of friends who are a positive influence in my life for all different reasons
~beautiful weather with a chill in the air
~SparkPeople's free website that's giving me the quality of life we all so desperately crave and deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment