Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

tree planks AGAIN

Guess what my group personal trainer added to our Wednesday morning butt-kicking...er I mean trail workout? Yep! My tree planks. Probably not really "mine" per se. It seems like I made them up but I doubt it. I was trying to come up with a way to work on handstands with my gymnastics boy and this is how we practice. He's already got  it, I'm still working on it.

Try a tree plank:

Finding a soft, non-skid part for your hands is crucial. After that, place your hands as close to the tree as possible. Walk your legs up the tree. Say your ABCs... S L O W L Y. Gently climb down. Repeat. Then repeat again.

When you first start out, your hands might be far from the tree. As you get stronger, try to get straighter by getting your hands closer to the tree. So much fun.

(You can also do this on a wall at home if you so desire. I prefer no feet on the walls though. Heheh.)


Gina rocking the tree plank.

Moon has been working very hard with me this summer in Sheila's workouts. Look at that hiney! And I mean that in a totally heterosexual way. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

That be me.

Sheila, our wonderful trainer. I have her to thank for getting me in the right direction to a healthy body!
Finding joy in:
~a wonderful place to exercise in the beautiful outdoors
~fun, motivating friends everywhere I turn
~my quadruple-shot espresso macchiato this morning after this morning's workout including a 3 mile hike, hill repeats until we wanted to throw up, squats, lunges, tree planks, bridges, arms, and abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment