Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

once upon a time...

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away. Ok not really that far, just one state away in Georgia... I earned my 1st degree black belt in karate. I hadn't thought about this in a long time.

We took a family walk tonight. I tend to walk faster than the Walrus and the boy. So from time to time, I would do walking lunges and squats until they caught up. An extra bonus to my daily exercise and I still felt like I was participating with the family walk. After a while, I tried to come up with something different to work my legs while walking. I started off with squats with an abductor raise. Then I remembered, oh yeah, I know a lot of kicks and combinations. Not only from earning my black belt but I used to be a certified group fitness kickboxing instructor with TurboKick. I can surely work something more out during a walk.

I proceeded with walking front kicks, walking back kicks (squeeze!), and squats raising up to a roundhouse kick. Of course when a car came, I quickly scooted off to the side and acted like I was just walking. ;-) I think I'll dig up the old boxing gloves from storage and work some combinations out on the bag out back. Watch out Rocky, I have a hoodie too.

I think I was about 8 months pregnant when I earned my purple belt. I took 2 months off, then continued to earn my 1st degree black belt.
Currently:
I find myself overcome with joy about my young man. I just found out he started a journal. That just makes this mama's heart swell. I think that's so neat that at such a young age he's verbalizing and working out his feelings on paper. With words.

Feeling thankful for the last week of the fall fundraising activities for the boy's school. It all comes to a head Saturday with the Harvest Festival. This time of year is typically stressful but we've been taking it in stride and having fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment