Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

playlists

I have a confession to make. I love to make playlists. That's not the confession though. I don't own an MP3 player, not a working one anyway. I have never walked or ran with any music. I typically run on my road. Although it's very secluded here, people drive too fast on this windy mountain road and I need to hear them coming. I also love to hike the biking trails where I need to yield to the bikers. The biking trails are the best because the bikes help keep the trail clear. So, I have to hear them coming too.

But I still like to make playlists. I guess you could call it a hobby of sorts. You can preview this playlist in the top right of my sidebar. The only songs I couldn't include was the Kinks' Everybody's Gonna be Happy and T42's Don't Let My Love. I guess they're a little too old. It's a shame, the Kinks really have a lot of rocking melodies. Do rocking and melodies go together? Heh. Also, T42 was the epitome of alternative music during the transition between the late 80s and the early 90s. It's a shame they never made it big.

I guess the task of making and listening to my playlists allows me to daydream about being outside running whilst I work at my computer for hours on end. It's fun.

Anywho, this is my latest running mix tape, er playlist! (Again, audio preview in top right sidebar). This one is a little heavy on the cool-down. This one is about 48 minutes. The list in its entirety:

What are your favorite workout songs?

Today I'm thankful for a family hike this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment