Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

books

Today I was thinking about books and how I came to love them. I think I was 12 before I started liking to read. Little Man has already found that book that launched his love of reading (on his own). That book series is the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I love that he already found this in 2nd grade. Mine was Are you there God, it's me Margaret by Judy Blume but at the ripe old age of 12. I just found out my lovely stepdaughter got him the first 2 books of Lemony Snicket for Christmas. I think he's going to LOVE these.

So, I'm curious...how old were you and what was the book that did it for you? What good books have you read lately? What's on deck right now?

I'll share the first one that came to mind...Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Oh and I was just reminded of how good The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick was. The boy and I just watched the movie when he was sick on Wednesday. Both the book and the movie are excellent. He's really looking forward to checking this out from the library. I'm still mostly drawn to non-fiction but could just as easily devour a novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment