Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

holiday challenge

So I joined Runner's World challenge to run a mile a day between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I thought it sounded very reasonable. I'm even networking with a group on Facebook to keep me motivated. Go ahead and join. It's headed up my Michelle from Mind, Body, and Goal. It's fun and very motivating to see how people are challenging themselves each day to keep healthy and dismiss bad habits through this holiday season and throughout the rest of the year.

I'm still about 20 lbs overweight, so I found the daily run to be a bit too much for me even though it's just a mile. Oh, I tried. I tried so very hard but I had to back off. That didn't deter me from rising to a challenge of my own... To do something, anything active each day. Some days will be lighter than others like yesterday and today. My trainer kicked my booty Wednesday and my legs are still very sore so I've only walked 3 miles yesterday and 3 miles today.

I will keep at my running schedule of about 3 runs a week. I will pursue longer running distances when I peel some more weight off. I'm due for a good run tomorrow and I'm excited. In addition to our weekend exercise, we'll be touring a farm and joining its CSA. I'm hoping this will keep me us veggies for months to come. After that, I'll be running while the Walrus and Westley ride their bikes. It's going to be a great weekend.

Tonight's sunset walk with the doggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment