Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

stellar

We had quite the stellar weekend. Our Saturday's excursion included a visit to Russell Cave National Monument with a short, fun lecture about astronomy, then we headed outside where they set up a star party. We saw the moon, Jupiter, nebula, Taurus, and more. So fun and stellar! We're headed back today to explore their trails.

Yesterday, we went for a hike to Desoto Falls from the bottom of the canyon instead of our usual viewing from the top. It was perfect hiking weather. Not one bit of moisture in the sky, completely clear.



Speaking of stellar, the boy and I capped off our fun day with a yummy dinner I thought I would share...roasted endive. I usually grill endive but since I was firing up the oven for cornbread, I decided to roast it instead of dragging out the table top grill.


Ingredients:

  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar (I used the spray one)
  • sea salt
  • ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°. Slice the endive length-wise. Drizzle with olive oil, spray with balsamic vinegar, and salt & pepper to taste.

I roasted it for about 20 minutes with the cornbread and flipped it for an additional 8 minutes. 

Delicioso!

We served it with stir-fry lemon pepper shrimp and snow peas.



The evening was spent relaxing so I'll close with a little doggie love.

Awwwe, nobody left any room for the biggest doggie of all. Holly managed a corner anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment