Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

wth...

Where's the health? I'm asking myself these days. So is the boy apparently. Yesterday he asked if I was still doing my diet. My husband put his hands in the air and said, "I didn't have anything to do with that!" I chose not to take offense. Why should I when it's true? I calmly explained to the boy that I don't diet. I try to eat healthy to obtain optimum health in body, mind, and spirit.

Try.

Obviously something is amiss if even the boy notices I'm not doing as much.

I find it so easy to put the blinders on and only eat healthy including allowing treats in moderation and daily exercise. It's so easy.

Then it's hard.

Suddenly my mind will change its way of thinking and I can't seem to reach for anything healthy. Maybe it's not so sudden. Something interferes with intentions...usually a vacation, getting sick, the holidays, crisis, or even a flood of goodness and greatness that surrounds us all. All the books make it seem so easy. Drink a glass of water. Find something to distract yourself. Sure. It's that easy. Right?

I used to say that I could get the exercise right or I could get the eating right. I hardly ever find a place where the two shall meet...although I do find that bliss from time to time. And bliss it is. My mood is lifted, I'm more cheerful, and I have more energy. Why would I do anything different? It's that easy, right?

That ends today. I'm telling myself a different story. It is easy. No question. Today I will drink more water. I will reach for more veggies. I'll go for a walk. Practice some yoga. Have good conversations and laughter with my family and friends. I will smile at a stranger and think of warm light embracing and hugging the Earth and all of its inhabitants. I will get out of my thoughts and just be. Be. Breathe. Eat right and move.

And so it goes. I can feel it already. Can you?

Where's the health? Indeed. It's right here. I can touch it, feel it, see it, hear it, and smell it.



1 comment:

  1. I've found my health (like every other aspect of my Becoming Me) is a slow process, one change at a time, one little footstep closer to authenticity, sometimes a step or two backward, but still moving forward. It will come. Slowly. You'll put one foot in front of the other, choose the vegan salad over the cheesburger, do some yoga, knit a stitch or two, and then one day you'll realize everything you've put into your body (food wise) and everything you've done today (activity) is exactly what you've been meant to do all along. And it will feel good. Right.

    Just don't forget to enjoy cookies from time to time. :-)

    ReplyDelete