Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

1st book club

I had a wonderful time at my first book club meeting. I felt like I was back in high school again; waiting until the night before and pulling an all-nighter before a literature test. The difference this time being that I did the adult version...I ditched work for the afternoon to finish the book 30 minutes before I left for the get together. It was a really good book (Wild).

Actually, I didn't intentionally wait until the last minute, although that's my usual MO. I read just about every day but I would fall asleep after about 2 pages. Also, I didn't realize how big the book was until I saw other people's copy that evening...the downfall of using an e-reader I guess.

Next up? The Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights AND Catcher in the Rye. We only had the first 2 scheduled but some people didn't want to read Wuthering Heights but several of us still did. The solution? Let's do all 3! In the shortest month of the year nonetheless. It's all good. I'll be getting my fill of book-y goodness. This will work out great because if I recall my school days correctly, I shirked all 3 of these half way through and did Cliff's notes to get through the tests. That and relying on class discussion.

Up tomorrow: lots of crafty catch-up. So fun. At least for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment