Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

let's get crafty



A little less than 2 years ago, we had a local artist custom make our dining table. It turned out more beautiful than we could've imagined. It's quite a bit of work to get everybody to respect the table and take care of it. Its beauty is only outweighed by its durability and strength. But we still must take great care to ensure its longevity, mostly by keeping it oiled yet free from water.

Our stone coasters just don't cut it. They're fine in the winter but in the warmer months when our glasses sweat, the water just drips off over the stone onto the beautiful wood.

A while ago, I made a my first felt project: my felted yoga mat bag.


Which as I reported in this post, turned out a bit too big and had to be altered....


Adding this photo is a bit gratuitous, but here again is how it was altered. I loved the way the edging contrasted with the rest of the bag. Which, in turn, inspired the edging for my new [upcycled] coasters.


So, what should I do with all this extra material??? Make coasters of course. Oh good Pam, the point. You finally got to the point of this post. I always have a point but sometimes I get lost along the way. Yikes, do you ever talk to yourself in your own post? Oh good, me neither.

I cut out lovely, festive coasters and added a lovely edge just like the bag. I'm super pleased.






And the after featured on the table.


Stella, the fish, approves.


No comments:

Post a Comment