Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

getting ready for book club

I haven't finished the book for this month's book club yet but I made a test batch of mini peach cobblers for it! 'Cept there's no peaches. I really wanted just one day this week where I didn't have to run any errands. So, what's better than peaches? Mangos. That's what. Then, I decided berries would be good too. I got the recipe from pinterest, of course. Here's the link to the original link: peach mini cobbler.

I heavily modified the recipe based on her recipe. First I doubled it, then I added vanilla extract and lemon extract and substituted mangos and berries for peaches. And I didn't use near as much butter.

Final recipe made 24 overflowing mini cobblers that are yum:

Preheat oven to 350º.

  • 2C flour
  • 2C sugar
  • 4t baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1.75C milk
  • 1t vanilla extract
  • 2t lemon extract
  • 1/2 stick of melted butter (original recipe called for a whole stick for half this batch but couldn't see why. I only used 1/2. See what you think)
  • I dunno- 1/4 bag of frozen mangos and berries defrosted? I put a 2 mango pieces in each cup and 3-4 mixed berries in each
  • brown sugar and cinnamon
Put a little less than 1 teaspoon of melted butter in each muffin tin. I used silicon liners- highly recommend it.

Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Next, mix the milk in until completely blended and add the extracts. 

Pour less than 2T of batter in each buttered cup. Add the fruit on top. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar and cinnamon. 

Bake at 350º for approximately 20 minutes. (Original recipe called for 12-15 minutes but I needed 20).

Cool completely and serve with ice cream or whip cream.




Poor Holly. Thinks I'm making her cobbler. :-(



ETA: This does NOT work well ahead of time. Would be better to make and serve. I'll be making this again today as one big cobbler. Results soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment