Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

super easy recipe

I stumbled upon a super easy quinoa salad recipe today. My thoughts around food lately have been settling on the idea that my meals should be simple. They shouldn't cause me to fret or go into a state of indecision (which I do easily). I should prepare the foods simply, they should make me feel good, and they should be life-affirming. To me, "life-affirming" meals are the ones that give you the warm fuzzies. The notion you're eating healthy food and food you can share with others. And finally, that I should be able to digest it easily.

So, I've been thinking about simple brown rice and vegetables. Lean protein with vegetables. A bed of sauteed spinach with cherry tomatoes just before they burst with a splash of balsamic vinegar. All so simple and quick, yet very healthy.

For now, I present my Strawberry, sprouted pumpkin seed, quinoa salad...

Cook one cup of dry quinoa (2:1). So boil 1C of dry quinoa in 2C of filtered water. Turn down the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.

Then add:

-1 cup of chopped strawberries
-1/4 cup of sprouted pumpkin seeds (or any other crunchy seed or nut you so desire. I think pecans would be particularly yummy in this).
-1 tablespoon of strawberry vinaigrette (but if I had it on hand, I think Salad Girl's Curry & Fig dressing would've been even better!)


Mix it all up and voila`!







No comments:

Post a Comment