Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

i wasn't last

Well, I wasn't last but I was pretty darn close. I did not train for this 5k at all and haven't run a 5k race since Thanksgiving. BUT this was probably the most fun I had. The husband has a new work schedule so I had to bring wonder boy. He loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect -- loving or hating it but he had a good time too.

I think he might've had a chance to win his age group but he was so concerned about his slow-poke mom. Too sweet. I kept telling him to go on but by the last mile he totally waited for me and we got to run the last half mile with me. LOVED it.

We made it in a cool 48 minutes. Ahem. (60th and 61st out of 85)

I did have a few setbacks, ALL due to not training. {{Duh}} I ran the first quarter mile but my right shin tensed and wouldn't relax. I took 2 miles for it to relax. 2 miles!!! Then I was ready to run again but then I really had to go potty. So I stopped running after about 10 steps. By this point, the boy was back with me. The last half mile I seemed to have control over my bodily functions again so we ran the rest.

We had SO much fun and we each won a door prize too. We're already making plans for out next race.

I think I'll train for that one.

He hasn't had his coffee yet.

a scene from the race

the route

the after
It was all for a great cause too. FUMC is going on a mission trip to Honduras and all the proceeds from this race will be used to purchase medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment