Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

thursday wanderer

I love the question of "what feeds your creativity?" I got the idea from Joy the Baker in my bloggy wanderings, specifically her blog post about Solo Bike Adventure.

What a beautiful, inspired blog.

I could spend all day here.

I think I will.

As I'm reading her Solo Bike Adventure post, my mind is reeling with where I get inspired. My creativity feeders, if you will. Just then, jazz music is playing from a movie my husband is watching downstairs.

Wow, I haven't listened to jazz in a long while.

I think it's time.

Tomorrow whilst working, perhaps.

Yes, that should do nicely.

Jazz should get the creativity juices bubbling.

Maybe Billie Holiday, maybe some Ella. Definitely Miles Davis.

Beautiful, inspired blogs do it for me too. Ones such as hers and many, many others. A simple, life-affirming nourishing meal. Walks in the hot sun in the lush summer surroundings. Freezing cold walks in the starkness of Winter. All the walks in between. Inhaling the smells of jasmine, lilies, magnolias, honeysuckle, and yes even the roses. Exhaling. Traveling. Star gazing. Smiling. Releasing the furrow in my brow. Sitting up a little straighter. Breathing. Games with the family. Taking pictures. Just relaxing with the family. Feeding the birds. Mowing the lawn. Watching. Meditating. Reading autobiographies of inspiring people. Reading fiction especially involving time travel. Running if it feels right. It doesn't always. Writing. Listening...Beethoven, Berlioz, Dvorak, Chopin, Smetana...Cleaning the kitchen. Folding laundry. Drifting off to sleep.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

That should all do very nicely. Thoughts and ideas ebb and flow. Throwing several to the wall to see what sticks.

Very nice indeed. Writing this post has given me a sense of tranquility. Spending more time doing these things seems right at the moment.

The next moment will be different.



ETA: I went to my jazz collection and the first one that popped out was INSPIRED Jazz from the Soul (compilation). That's a bit serendipitous, yes?

Peace, light, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment