Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

day 4, a change of scenery

Lately, I've been walking South on the brow road of the mountain as evidenced by my photographing the same overlook with the same tree (because I like to see how it looks SO different every time I walk by). Last year, I used to walk North over the dirt road toward Desoto State Park quite frequently. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it since the loggers attacked last Spring. This week, I've been changing it up and truth be told, the loggers did make some new views where we can see Sand Mountain across the way, although it's still hard to forget the irreparable damage they've left. There's runoff without the trees for protection and a lot more. Luckily, parts were left unmarred.

But you know what's wrong with these pictures?

You shouldn't be able to see the sun here. Just dense woods with lots of shade.
You're not supposed to be able to see the forest through the trees. And that water gathering? Not so good. The runoff is already pretty horrid.

This is what is supposed to look like.

Parts of the road remain untouched. Excepting that part about making a road.

Today was extra special. More and more, the wonder boy has been asking to go on walks with me and not just the doggie ones. Today, he strongly completed 3 miles with me.


When we weren't planning his birthday party and were walking in silence, I could hear that he was taking 2 steps for every one stride of mine. You go little man. He got more than 12,000 on this walk. He also took the doggies to the canyon with the Walrus earlier today.

Sweet Shine dunking her hiney in the river to cool off.
I other, other news, I have to give up on my runners. They cut into my heels so bad and it didn't show it's true self when I tried them on. :-( I would say it was the worst purchase ever but I have done worst. It's a shame because they're practically new. The good news is that they will make a great addition to the donation pile. I think my hikers/runners still have a little mileage left so I'll manage until I can decide on another pair. Oy. Decisions. Not my forte. I'm leaning toward going back to Ryka, whom never gave my feet any trouble whatsoever-straight out of the box, ready to run. Nikes and Reeboks have always failed me so I'm not sure why I feel compelled to try them every once in awhile. Buh-bye.



Another great day. Counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment