Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

getting my fill


This weekend has been a whirlwind. So blessed. The kids are off with Grammy & Grampy this week and we met them halfway all the way down in Valdosta, Georgia. It was a lot of fun having dinner with the in-laws, kids, and husband.

Sunday left the Walrus and I to our own devices. We were going back and forth on what great restaurant we would stop at going back through Atlanta. Then I said, "you know, I've never been to the Dekalb Farmers Market (Decatur, just outside Atlanta)." And so it goes, decision made. Lunch and groceries. Lunch for me included ratatouille, sauteed kale, and half an egg roll. So many choices from so many international dishes.

The Walrus is a food genius so these kinds of trips are too much fun for us. We really loaded up this week on the veggies (last week left me sorely lacking). We managed just one loaf of sourdough, we skipped the pastries, and partook in some really good quality dark chocolate and of course a boat load of veggies. All organic and all-so-yummy.



My favorite purchase had to be the green matcha tea. I've experimented a lot with my own green tea latte and have wanted to try using the matcha for awhile. I'm sure I'll have more to report on that.

On a completely different note...

I don't usually notice or care about cars but I saw a really pretty one on the road and commented on its beauty. The Walrus said, "maybe for your midlife crisis." Which made me smile, "Am I having one now (as my excuse for a car)?" We laughed and did some calculations and the kids definitely decided I qualify for midlife. Heheh. BUT, I quickly realized that's not what my midlife crisis would look like. Mine would look more like trying to hike the Appalachian Trail.

Which brings me to this weekend's read:


This woman broke the record TWICE for hiking the entirety of the Appalachian Trail the fastest. The first time she broke the record for a woman hiking it and the 2nd time she broke it for EVERYBODY, men and women. This particular book was written by her husband through his point of view. As far as I can tell, it's a compilation of a blog he wrote along the way. A friend at book club loaned it to me Friday. It's a fun, quick read. I'm really looking forward to reading her account, Becoming Odyssa. My friend is loaning me that next. Can't. Wait.

Speaking of books...

If you missed it, be sure to check out Monday's blog post about our book club's upcoming selections for the next 10 months. I'm always looking for a good book. This list is pretty good. I'm excited.

In other health news, I'm finally recovering from Tuesday's 35,000 step day. I did not bring enough water and have been severely dehydrated since. I think today is the first day I feel somewhat satiated. To keep up the H2O consumption, I concocted a new water twist for tomorrow:

organic mandarin orange, mint water

And if today's post wasn't tangent-filled enough for you, just wait until the next one. ;-)

Peace, light, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment