Our summer bucket list:
- ✓ the boy and I were to take up hula hooping. Although we started later than we anticipated, I'm thrilled that we started a few weeks ago.
- take the kids to Six Flags. This is the second year in a row that wonder boy won a free ticket for reading to Six Flags and he's yet to go. That changes this week.
- ✓+ we wanted to hike as much as possible.
- ✓++ take as many doggie walks as possible (2 of them are older and can't handle the long hikes anymore). We still managed to walk them everyday for about a mile.
- ✓+ see as many sunsets as possible
- ✓ see some sunrises
- ✓ go to the Dekalb Farmers Market in Georgia
- go to the Chattanooga Market
- celebrate the boy's birthday-- soon to come, we have a gymnastics party planned
- swim at the hole below Desoto Falls. It takes a bit of a hike but will be so fun.
- the Walrus and I will go on a juice fast
- ✓ participate in a 5k with the boy
- attend the 8k in Chattanooga
- ✓+ swim, swim, swim
- the boy at summer day camp
- ✓ learn pine needle basket weaving
- ✓ learn how to use imovie editing software
- ✓+ catch up on ALL the doctor appts I've been neglecting
- ✓+read, read, read. No exaggeration, I think wonder boy has read over 100 books.
- go to Tigers for Tomorrow for Buttercup's birthday. This was postponed because they closed that weekend for rain. Hopefully soon.
- ✓ go to the science museum
|celebrating Buttercup's birthday with mini homemade lava cakes and coconut ice cream|
|that's our boy, cha-cha-cha|
|this pool never gets warm|
|swim here with a bit of a hike|
|sunrises to enjoy|
|hikes to be had|
|the moon at sunrise|