Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

recovering

I did not get to achieve my 40,000 steps Saturday. I've tentatively rescheduled for this coming Saturday. In fact, I barely crossed 1300 steps. I was completely laid (lied?) up due to my back injury I mentioned Thursday. The deep tissue massage did so much good. Ms. Nita told me to get the most benefit (since I was injured), that I should come back in 5 days. I'm seriously considering it. Blast our budget to heck, I say! Friday was okay, I had a lot of driving time to Atlanta and back but as long as I kept stretching, I could endure.

Saturday was a complete rest day alternating heat and ice. I devoured Becoming Odyssa (I just saw that the kindle edition is only a $1.99!), a memoir about Jennifer Pharr Davis hiking the Appalachian Trail. If you can't go hiking or walking, the next best thing is to read it, right? SO inspiring. I think I need to do something like this. Whether I section hike it and piece it together, just do part, do the whole thing, or do something completely different like the El Camino in Spain. I don't know, I'll figure it out after some more research. Maybe for my 45th birthday (that gives me 3 years).

Sunday, was VERY good. I woke up to go hooping in Chattanooga. I thought, I'll just take it easy and if I'm hurting, I just won't do it. I felt great. I remembered some essential oil blend that I mixed with some unscented lotion and rubbed all over my lower back and legs. Oh my, that stuff is good. Wish I had remembered that 4 days ago! Heheh. I moved my body most of the morning by hooping and walking around the Tennessee River. It was a hooping meditation session so I really didn't have to do that much waist hooping (and I skipped that part anyway). I came home and took a 3 hour break by napping, lying on a heating pad, reading, and playing card games with the boy before taking him to a swim party.

By the evening, I was pain free. Then I slept, very peacefully I might add...I woke up this morning hurting again. So, I woke up and took a VERY slow walk. I've learned that if I ONLY rest, my back just gets tighter. I really think I needed Saturday as a complete lazy day but I can't wallow in that state too long. Today, I'll be doing very gentle stretches along with some Yoga, more essential oil blend, and a couple more slow, short walks.

Meanwhile, the CSA gave us this scrumptious delight last week. SO good.


I also added it to another delicious salad. I know I've been eating a lot of salads lately but it seems to be the easiest way to eat my raw veggies. With the summer waning, I'm going to have to get more creative with how I get my raw freggies but I'm up for the challenge. Oh, and those cherry heirloom tomatoes are utterly sublime. They are as delicious as they are beautiful. I think I may have swooned. 


Peace, light, and love to you and all.



No comments:

Post a Comment