Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

bliss continued

Today's salad was brought to me by my market excursions on Sunday, as reported yesterday. :-)  I don't know what kind of lettuce this is but it's as delightful as it is beautiful...slightly bitter but oh-so-mild. We need more bitter in our diets, so I read. I chopped up green and yellow bell pepper, one small fuji apple, cucumbers, a bit of crumbled basil/garlic goat cheese, just a few d'agen soft dried plums topped with just a drizzle of gorgonzola pear dressing and a side of pickles and green tea. I know. Pickles. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer.

Back to the plums. These plums are the best! I often kvetch when I peruse the dried fruit section, "WHY, oh WHY do 'they' always add sugar to the dried fruit? It's FRUIT! And it doesn't taste good sweetened up like that!" {end rant}

Then...

The Walrus brought these d'agen plums home. Oh. My. Yum. They're prepared and packaged by Fruit Bliss (blissful indeed) with NO ADDED SUGAR. Yes please. They're as good as they sound. They do get an A+ for a healthy snack. Indeed.




Our sunsets are changing more rapidly each day AND getting earlier and earlier. Do you feel the seasons changing yet? The moon lit up before the sun went down.


Just missed the sun setting by the time we walked to the overlook but we got to see the fiery ball on the way home. It's all so very good.


Peace, light, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment