Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2000 miles bay-beeee!


YAY! I got my 2000 mile badge this morning. I thought I had a few hundred miles left but I was wrong. I love being wrong. Well, sometimes.



I had another lovely, albeit shorter hike this morning. I think I'm still set for 10,000 steps today. It was a beautiful but soggy, muddy morning. I tried to pick what I thought would be the driest trail but I'm not so sure I did.


Just a little shoe kvetch...
My outdry shoes are no longer waterproof as I've worn the bottoms as well as a couple of holes in the side. If you remember, I was excited about a deal from Zulily on some shoes I had my eye on for sometime. Big. Fail. Man, I haven't been happy with a fitness shoe purchase in quite some time, at least 3 years. I'm talking major foot pain. I took them on the 50,000 step day after breaking them in around the house. I was achy but not anymore than last time. Then a few days later, I walked 10,000 steps and couldn't walk on my right heel for a day and a half. They'll be a good studio shoe (but not labeled as such) so I'll keep them for when I do videos at home. Then, get this...I've had another pair of runners in my shopping cart and I checked on them yesterday. They went up $20. 20!! Eeegad. And yes, I've been to one of those running stores where they evaluate you. I didn't feel any better about that purchase than the others- even after exchanging the shoes 2 times. 

Oy and sigh. But it's all good. I'll be walking one way or another. I just hope I can get it together before hiking the next section of the Silver Comet Trail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment