Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

clean


What does 2 days of cleaner eating get me? A better attitude, a better mood, a lighter overall feeling, and an overall better sense of well being.

And notice I said *cleaner.*

As in, not completely clean but I'm paying attention. It started with my quarterly physician visit Monday. "Pom," she says (I love how she pronounces my name and soothes me the way she gently tells me to get with the program), "Pom, what are you eating for breakfast?" As we go through my typical day, she reminds me to have protein with each meal. She wants me to start the day off with 10g at breakfast and 70g overall. I'm already feeling better. I'm having trouble getting 70g of protein and staying under my calorie range- something I won't have to worry about when summer comes and I eat mostly vegetables and fruits. BUT it's day 2, right? I'm still tweaking it.

Why can't I remember this feeling? Why do I seek comfort any other way?

Yes, I tell myself, it's much easier to eat cleaner in the summer. All the markets with fresh produce is everywhere. I've always had a penchant for being vegetarian but never could make the complete leap...mostly because it's easy in the summer, not so much in the winter.

Then it occurred to me...maybe I need to be a seasonal vegetarian. I'm going to work on that this year. That's gotta be better than resorting to junk food in the winter. I would still like to forgo meat but we'll see. I'm going to map it out this year.

But mostly?

I'm going to pay attention. Mindfulness, after all, makes the biggest difference in the world.

**In other news, vernal equinox at noon, ey? I think we'll take a walk outside to celebrate. Happy spring ya'll. It's my favorite season of all.  




Playing around with a watercolor app.

No comments:

Post a Comment